Seagate is comprised of six principals who provide institutional, pension, and separate account clients’, with real estate management expertise.
Each principal has demonstrated experience in attaining under-performing assets, restructuring partnerships and portfolios, and in generating best results where leasing, management, renovation, restructuring, and other quantifiable risks can be managed to the investor’s or client’s benefit with the priority of significantly improving cash distributions and investment values. We place a high priority on direct principal involvement and highly personalized attention for our clients and tenants, by taking a hands-on approach where two or more of our principals are directly involved with every investment.
- $326 Million in acquisitions and $270 Million in dispositions for seven clients and fifteen partnerships.
- $117 Million in current investment management accounts for five clients.
- Expertise in retail, office, industrial and multi-family properties in major metropolitan markets.
- Licensed real estate broker in California, along with affiliated companies.
- In-house legal counsel.
Seagate is owned by the partners of the firm. As a result, they are directly compensated by, and fully committed to, the performance and success of each of their activities. Seagate’s approach affords special benefits including the following:
- Performance Oriented. This is evidenced by Seagate’s commitment to put investor’s and client’s interests first.
- Interactive Client/Project Orientation. Client’s and projects receive highly personalized Principal attention. This is accomplished by limiting the number of clients and projects taken on at any time.
- Expedient Problem Solving. Significant problem solving and work-out expertise based on extensive investment experience.
- Rare Conflicts. By limiting the number of clients and projects and by minimizing the possibility of overlapping strategies conflicts are avoided.
Seagate’s investment philosophy is conservative and value-oriented. Seagate targets value-added opportunities and emphasizes quality of location, income streams and demographics. Ever present real estate risks are fully quantified with repositioning, capital improvement and exit strategies fully formulated before the purchase decision is made or the development plan is finalized.
Underwriting criteria are realistic with an emphasis on careful evaluation of income flows, development budgets and cost structure with a view toward stringent cost control. Careful evaluation of existing market supply and demand is incorporated to accurately and conservatively project future rent levels and sale prices with special emphasis on stability of cash distributions.